08 mars 2012

Prendre son envol


Image du site yogajournal.com

Je voulais, après avoir "feté" mon diagnostic, parler du fait que le Sjogren, s'il affecte ma vie, ne va pas tout me prendre. Et comme exemple je voulais vous parler (encore) du yoga et de comment cette pratique est devenue pour moi un point essentiel dans mon parcours.

Mon esprit est très lent ce soir, mais j'espère me faire comprendre.

Avec le Sjogren, on a l'impression que son corps ne vous appartient plus. Tout d'abord c'est une maladie auto-immune, donc le corps s'auto-attaque ! Se retourne contre lui même !

Ensuite, avec les symptômes, la fatigue, les douleurs, les effets des medicaments aussi, on commence peu à peu à ne plus pouvoir vivre comme avant. On arrête certaines activitées (par exemple moi la piscine).

On a l'impression que le Sjogren nous controle, nous "vole" notre vie, et surtout que nous sommes sur une pente descendante, que nous "perdons".

Je veux dire ici qu'on peut "gagner", qu'on peut progresser. Que notre corps est toujours à nous, et qu'il peut toujours réaliser des choses formidable.

Alors, certes, je ne ferais jamais de marathon, d'un autre côté, j'avais pas envie d'en faire un avant !

Vous voyez cette posture de Yoga ? Vous y croyez quand je vous dis que moi, avec mes mimines si douloureuse je PEUX la faire ? Et bien oui, je le peux. OK, moins d'une minute, et pas aussi parfaite. Mais j'y travailles.

Le yoga m'a apporté cela, un objectif, mais aussi m'a redonné confiance en mon propre corps.

Cela ne me soigne pas, mais pourtant je pense que dans une vision globale de la maladie, c'est un point important.

Je ne suis pas une malade qui fait du yoga. Je fais du yoga, simplement, avec mon corps et ses limitations, mais aussi sa marge de progression.

Je suis simplement moi.

Oh, et si je parle de voler, c'est que cette pose est la posture du corbeau.

Flying away

Picture from yogajournal.com


After having a party to celebrate the diagnostic, I would like to talk about Sjogren, that if it affects my life, it will not take everything from me. For exemple I will talk (again) about yoga, and how my practice is an essential part of my life now.


My head is slow tonight, I hope I will be clear enough.


With Sjogren, you have the feeling that your body is not yours anymore. First because it's an autoimmune disease, meaning the body is attacking itself !


Then, with symptoms, tiredness, pain, and the side effects of drugs sometimes too, you don't live like you use too. You stop some activities (like swimming pool for me).


You have the feeling that Sjogren is controlling you, is "steeling" your life, and that your on a way going "down", you're loosing.


I want to say that you can "win", you can progress. Your body is still yours, and still can do incredible things.


OK, I will never run a marathon, but I never dream of running one before the illness!


Do you see this yoga pose? Can you believe that I can do it? Me? With my hands so hurting ? I CAN do it. OK, less than one minute, and less perfect, but I'm working on it.


Yoga give me that, something to look forward, and trust in my body again.


It's not a cure, but in a global way of thinking the disease, I think it's important.


I'm not a sick person diong yoga. I'm doing yoga, clear and simple, with my body, with the limits its have, but I can progress still.


I'm myself.

And if I talked of flying it's because this posture is the crow pose.

4 commentaires:

Joss D´Aismont a dit…

i love yoga, it has helped me a lot with my breathing, amazing practice, i only get pain if i use my hands to much. its nice that you can do this pose and the name of it... great meaning!

Amy Junod a dit…

I enjoy yoga as well. If only to breath and center myself. I am always so pleased with my body when after a bad week it responds well to the dance pose. Somewhere in the back of my mind I hear a whisper saying, "See? It's ok."

Tosha a dit…

With my autoimmune diseases, it does so often feel like my diseases are in control and stealing my life. Thank you for this reminder that I can still "win" and do incredible things.

Like you, I will never run a marathon, but I also never dreamt of running one before my illness! This gentle reminder of perspective is one that I especially need this time of year when there are so many fundraising marathons and walks occurring. It is so easy for me to look at them and feel a loss for something that I can't do, when in reality, it's not something I wanted to do! Time to start focusing on how I can fly.

I'm glad you were part of UII's blog carnival. Thank you for taking the time to translate your blog into English! I'm looking forward to exploring it further and following your posts!
http://bottledtime.wordpress.com/

cargillwitch a dit…

yoga has been a part of my life foo 12 years since my diagnosis of degenerative disc disease. I also have Sjogrens and DID run a marathon ( actually two back to back last summer, 100km total) . Exercise has always been my panacea . I may have to adapt at times when I am fatigued but that push to get my #@@ out the door is always rewarded by better sleep, clearer thinking and more energy the next day.
Good for you for finding a way to make sure you get in touch with your body!